Thursday 2 October 2014

Good News!

Quick update - had my follow up appointment with the surgeon last night as my second pathology report results were back (quick eh!) He used the word 'excellent' when going through the results as he described that no more cancerous cells were found in the breast tissue or lymph nodes he removed. He was also really pleased with how well my wound is healing. To say that I was delighted to hear all this may be the understatement of the year. It also looks like I won't need to have radiotherapy either which is ideal. So I should hear today about an appointment with the oncologist for next week to find out all about chemo and when it starts etc.

love to you all from a very happy Skerry :)

PS a big thank you to Louise and Neil (my lovely friends in Calgary) who sent me this yesterday which produced a huge smile on my part (as you can see from the measurement lines they know me well!) I feel pretty certain that it'll be christened with red wine very soon...




10 comments:

  1. Really happy to hear your good news! You'll be filling that new glass in no time :-) Well it is thirsty Thursday after all!

    Love Neil and Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeepers, iss is funcy! How on earth di ye set up a blog? Must be some kind o magic ��! So glad ti hear yer great news Skerry, delighted! Keep takin care quine xxx ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is well and the good news, chin up and i will see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brill :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley Ann Gemmell2 October 2014 at 06:06

    Fantastic news!! Loving the glass and I'm sure it will be well used. Take care Lesley Ann X

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delighted Mrs. Fab fab fab fab news. How fantastic is that glass. I love it!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Skerry,
      That sounds really positive and it's good to hear you've kept your sense of humour through it all.
      Mike, keep up the good work and get yourselves booked up for a bit of winter sun in Fuerte!
      Big kiss from us all xxxx

      Delete
  7. Great news, looking forward to sharing a wee glass of wine, you may find I post this more than once, I've tried 3 times now so they may all appear xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news Skerry, if there's anything you need just give me a shout. Big bosies luv Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the best news Skez, so happy for you. Hope you filled that glass to the top!

    ReplyDelete