Saturday 29 November 2014

3 shaves in 8 days...!!!

So its a week to the day that muchos Reserva Rioja was consumed in order to muster some Dutch Courage in order to get the hair cut that was required due to chemo drugs taking their inevitable toll on my long grown, highlighted blonde locks that I've maintained for the last 20 something years (the cheek of it when I consider that I've spent enough on it at SAKS to be a major shareholder!)

Husband Michael offered and I initially hesitated but then agreed as long as he only had one drink beforehand! I meantime had at least 3 glasses, which made for a very drunken Skerry due to have only having drunk 2 glasses of wine in what seems like an eternally long alcohol free spell! (A big thank you to Julia and Annie for getting me drunk the Saturday night the week before ;) Just 2 glasses - I was a cheap date eh?!)
So above is Michael's practice run (yes he did a half head for effect and then the whole lot as a number 1 and that was in the afternoon well before a drink!)

Its taken me a while but I've decided to share the pics... it started with a Phil Oakey look,
then a number 7,
Then a number 4, then to my final cut - a number 2,
Which resulted in the ceremonial wearing of the lovingly 'hand knitted by my mother' hats, thanks Mum :) accompanied by yes of course, more Rioja!
 
So I've now taken to wearing a selection of hats (favourite one is currently a red VANS hat which Elliot says is the only thing that's made me a cool mum -at last I think to myself, all it took was a hat!!)

So to the 3rd and last head shave of the week, due to take place tomorrow (Sun 30th Nov) for my friend Alex, who's getting his hair shaved by his daughter Lizzy to raise funds for Breast Cancer Care:
https://www.justgiving.com/nomorehairscotland

I promised to publicise his grand haircut on my blog, so its over to you Alex now that you've nearly completed your haircuts countdown on Facebook... I am very humbled that you're doing this for me and others going through this that you know.... do send me a pic as evidence once its done! (And surely my wig has to be better than your one??!!)
love

Skerry
xx

5 comments:

  1. You still look gorgeous Skez. In fact I'd go as far as saying the pixie look really suits you. See you real soon now, we fly in 2 weeks! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skerry, it really suits you, you look really sweet, love the hats too xxx. Really looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'woot woot' looking fab as always :) now u can experiment with wild & crazy pink, purple, blue & green wigs :) *big hugs* xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're still a hippy compared to me ;-) I agree with the others the cropped hair does suit you! Hope you're doing well xx

    ReplyDelete