Wednesday 12 November 2014

Getting better everyday...

Just a quick update to say that now I'm on day 9 and every day feel better and better - nausea is all but gone and apart from constantly being on temperature watch (nurse has got me obsessed with checking my temperature so am now the proud owner of 2 thermometers) not sleeping well (clearly more drugs required so off to phone GP shortly) eating gargantuan amounts frequently and feeling a little spaced out... I'm on the up!

So much so that I even managed to attend last night's John Lewis Xmas shopping evening and spend a few hours with Millie - my lovely mum in law, as evidenced by our meeting Monty...
Have to confess we did try a 'selfie', failed miserably and so harangued a well dressed passer by to take this on my phone! Amanda, hope you're nae greetin'....?? ;)

Did I get lots of pressies bought? Well of course not - but I did treat myself to a lovely red cashmere scarf (cancer perk!), a cuddly bear hat (feel that a photo will be honour bound to be taken once its had its first outing) and some 'headgear' to wear soon for the inevitable falling locks... all still here at the mo but I suspect not for much longer. Jules, you'll be pleased to know I nearly purchased several pairs of boots in one go, but they didn't have any in my size so the 12 pairs in an hour in Madrid record still stands :)

So overall all good - bookings now being taken for coffees, lunches, catch ups whenever you are free - not sure how I'll ever find time to work again ;)

Skerry
x

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant :) made me giggle! loving the pic! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are far too good to yourself. Don't get used to the lady of leisure lifestyle too much, we want you back :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello hun, just catching up with some of your blogs now. Nothing like a bit of John Lewis shopping to lift the spirits, eh ................... you'll be telling me that you bought some cushions next !!! Take care. lol Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good onya Skez. So pleased to hear, I have been worried, so pleased your are feeling better everyday. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news, you're looking good (so does Millie), see you soon xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skerry, if you ever buy as many shoes as Madrid I'll send a small van to pick them up for you! It was fab to see you on Sat (fabulous wee evening on the cheese and meat boards at Cafe Cognito!) - you are a star as always xxx Jules xxx

    ReplyDelete